LEAD Camp Curriculum – 3rd – 6th graders
We’re excited to have you join us for LEAD Camp this summer.
What should you expect? Here are some highlights from our two-week curriculum. The other half of the day is spent on athletic development.
- What does it mean to be an entrepreneur or inventor?
- Which entrepreneurs or inventors do campers admire most?
- Introduction to core LEAD elements: Grit, Confidence, Compassion, Collaboration, Creativity, Self-Motivation, Overcoming Adversity & Controlling Your Own Destiny
- Group Activity – LEAD core elements game.
- Personality ice breaker – Exploring campers areas of strength.
- What is leadership? Campers will begin to understand their ability to affect the world around them by sharing examples of how they have shown leadership?
- Campers will play a series of leadership and trust games.
- Group Learning Activities – Campers will be given a problem to solve and learn critical thinking skills by turning their “Lemonade Stand” into a real business.
- How to determine price/location?
- How much lemonade is needed?
- How is bad weather dealt with?
- How to determine customer satisfaction?
- Video game – Lemonade Stand – Build your own business.
- Cool Invention Day – What do campers feel are “cool” inventions?
- Passion/energy/idea – Why is passion so important to business success? What interests campers the most? What product ideas do they have?
- Campers will break into teams collaborating and brainstorming ideas to find new and exciting opportunities.
- Developing A Product:
- What will the product or service look like?
- What are the features and benefits?
- Who are your potential customers?
- Sharing business ideas launched by kids just like our campers – dog walking, jewelry, lawn mowing, snow cones, selling goods on ebay, app creation, etc. We’ll review real-life Shark Tank, Kickstarter and entrepreneurial success stories.
- Naming a business – What is important and how does your name start to differentiate your product from the competition?
- Mission statement – This is the why of your business. How do campers craft ones that are concise but also descriptive?
- What is a trademark, patent and URL? Why are each so important?
- ”The Blueprint” – Campers will learn the fundamentals of a business plan and what’s included.
- Identifying potential customers and how to reach them.
- How to service your product – with people and technology.
- Financial Literacy 101 – saving, investing, donating, bank accounts, assets (Stocks, bonds, real estate).
- Understanding why a camper’s attitude toward money can really affect their life and decision making.
- Campers will learn what’s important in advertising design, and collaborate on making posters and ads – from design to style to slogans they will team up and have fun learning how to market a product!
- Guest Speakers include:
- Steve Battista, Senior VP of Brand at Under Armour
- More to be announced soon!
- Campers will work with the guest speaker and come up with their own slogan!
- Exploring and developing a sales strategy.
- Campers will learn about Public speaking and presentation skills by playing games like “The Continuous Story” to have fun learning and increasing their self-confidence, communication skills and composure.
- Practice your pitch!
- Campers will play the “Be Your Own Boss Game”.
- Pitch day! Present your idea to a panel of CEO’s/Presidents of local and national companies.
- Get valuable feedback on your product or service and presentation.