About Lead Camp
LEARN FROM GUEST SPEAKERS, INCLUDING FORMER UNDER ARMOUR SENIOR VP OF BRAND STEVE BATTISTA – DEVELOPER OF “PROTECT THIS HOUSE”
What is Lead Camp?
LEAD (LEADERS, ENTREPRENEURS AND ATHLETIC DEVELOPMENT) CAMP
- The LEAD camp provides a great balance of teaching kids how to develop ideas while also enjoying outdoor athletic activities!
- Kids will learn skills that will help them for life while having fun and discovering their talent.
- Together campers will launch a product or service using the skills and tools learned through daily team challenges, interactions with guest entrepreneurs, and weekly “Shark Tank” style pitch competitions.
Who is it targeted to?
3rd – 8th graders, because youth is where confidence is built and ideas flourish. It’s also the ideal time for kids to develop a love for health and fitness. The camp will be broken down into smaller groups based upon similar ages and total attendees.
LEAD also features a separate Entrepreneur Boot Camp for High School students.
What will it include?
LEAD Campers will have the opportunity to:
- Explore Entrepreneurship in a variety of industries
- Learn idea creation, branding, presenting, and public speaking
- Create a product or service as a team to develop, promote and market
- Listen and interact with special guest speakers, and see first-hand what it takes to build a successful operation.*
- Learn leadership skills
- Develop problem solving and teambuilding skills
- Interact with special “Shark Tank” panel of local entrepreneurs who will help the kids with their projects!
*Prior speakers included Honest Tea CEO & Founder Seth Goldman, Framebridge CEO, Susan Tynan and former Under Armour Executive Steve Batista, who developed the “Protect This House” slogan and campaign.
The athletic portion of the program allows kids to enjoy our wide range of outdoor activities.
Our camp allows kids to develop their love for fitness and athletics all in a fun competitive manner. We offer campers many choices during our Athletics portion of the day. Some of our activities include:
- Athletic Field Day
- Agility, ladders
- Team challenges
- Playground games
WHO’S RUNNING THIS CAMP?
LEAD Camp was created by local entrepreneurs and youth sports experts Steve Sclafani and Rob Naddelman, who turned their passion for sports and helping kids into Factory Athletics – a company that holds over 1,000 camps across America. (Baseball/Softball) that has helped over 100,000 athletes earn 1 billion dollars in college scholarships over the past 25+ years.
Factory Athletics was acquired by Ripken Baseball in 2023.
Sclafani a former Ivy League Baseball Player from the University of Pennsylvania launched the company in 1994 at 23 years old, and helped revolutionize the player development and college recruiting landscape. The two have been recognized nationally in such prestigious publications as The Washington Post and BusinessWeek. In fact, The Washington Post recently named Factory Athletics one of the “Top Places to Work” in the DC Metro area.
Sclafani is also an adjunct professor at Georgetown University, helping to lead their sports entrepreneur program (Sports Industry Management Program).
Our campers work with cutting-edge leaders in business, entrepreneurship, branding and technology. They are more than speakers – they come in and work hands-on with our campers.
Past guests included:
- Steve Batista, Senior VP of Brand, Under Armour and CEO of Revtown Jeans
- Seth Goldman, Founder and CEO of Honest Tea and Beyond Meat
- Ryan McNey, App Developer Mobomo
- Geoff Hardy, Owner of Game Truck
- Susan Tynan, CEO, Framebridge
- Geoff Tracy, Owner Chef Tracy
- Lori Lindsey, U.S.A Women's National Team