About Lead Camp
LEARN FROM GUEST SPEAKERS, INCLUDING UNDER ARMOUR SENIOR VP OF BRAND STEVE BATTISTA – DEVELOPER OF “PROTECT THIS HOUSE”
What is Lead Camp?
LEAD (Leaders, Entrepreneurs and Athletic Development) Camp
- The LEAD camp combines the best in teaching kids how to develop ideas as well as how to fully develop as an athlete.
- Kids will learn skills that will help them for life while having fun and discovering their talent.
- Together campers will launch a product or service using the skills and tools learned through daily team challenges, interactions with guest entrepreneurs, and weekly “Shark Tank” style pitch competitions.
Who is it targeted to?
3rd – 12th graders, because youth is where confidence is built and ideas flourish. It’s also the ideal time for kids to develop as an athlete. The camp will be broken down into smaller groups based upon similar ages and total attendees.
What will it include?
LEAD Campers will have the opportunity to:
- Explore Entrepreneurship in a variety of industries
- Learn idea creation, branding, presenting, and public speaking
- Create a product or service as a team to develop, promote and market
- Listen and interact with special guest speakers, and see first-hand what it takes to build a successful operation
- Last summer’s speakers included Honest Tea CEO & Founder Seth Goldman, and Under Armour’s Steve Batista, who developed the “Protect This House” slogan and campaign.
- Learn leadership skills
- Develop problem solving and teambuilding skills
- Interact with special “Shark Tank” panel of local entrepreneurs who will help the kids with their projects!
But, it’s not just about building leadership and entrepreneurship skills. There’s also the athletic development portion of the program. Research shows that in order to fully excel in any one sport, multiple sports and athletic development need to be implemented throughout youth. Unfortunately, in the highly-competitive atmosphere in which we live, youth sports today are highly specialized.
Kids need more and more work on their overall athletic development. Our camp allows kids to develop their speed, agility, flexibility and balance all in a fun competitive manner, including:
- Athletic Field Day
- Agility, ladders
- Team challenges
- Play ground games
- Who’s running this camp?
LEAD Camp was created by local entrepreneurs and youth sports experts Steve Sclafani and Rob Naddelman, who turned their passion for sports and helping kids into Factory Athletics – a company that holds over 1,000 camps across America in a variety of sports (Baseball, Softball, and Volleyball) that has helped over 100,000 athletes earn 1 billion dollars in college scholarships over the past 20 years.
- The 2 former Ivy League Baseball Players from the University of Pennsylvania started the company in 1994 at 23 years old, and have revolutionized the player development and college recruiting landscape. The two have been recognized nationally in such prestigious publications as The Washington Post and BusinessWeek. In fact, The Washington Post recently named Factory Athletics one of the “Top Places to Work” in the DC Metro area.
- Both gentlemen have also lent their skills to helping others grow as well. Sclafani is an adjunct professor at Georgetown University, helping lead their sports entrepreneur program in their Sports Industry Management Program. Naddelman is part of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO). The two also started the Factory Athletics Foundation in 1994, which provides underprivileged children an opportunity to get into college by attending camps and tournaments, as well as delivering college scholarships.
Our Athletic Development is run by Joe Burke who has worked with athletes of all ages and skill levels from numerous sports. Joe Joins the team from Sheridan School, where he’s worked the past decade as the lower school PE teacher and boys soccer & basketball coach. He brings passion and energy to LEAD through an assortment of skilled activities and fun-to-play games.