Counselor in Training (CITs)
Our CIT Program at LEAD (Leaders, Entrepreneurs and Athletic Development) gives rising 10th and 11th grade students a chance to learn life lessons, teamwork and responsibility. In addition, responsible CIT’s will receive a college letter of recommendation from the Camp Directors. LEAD CAMP combines the best in athletic development and entrepreneurship training for students in grades 4th – 9th.
CIT cost: $299
- Model good behavior, set the example. (You are a role model and younger campers are watching!)
Participate in the athletic development and leadership activities.
- Be a friend to all campers. Encourage nervous or struggling campers. Be inclusive.
- Approach camp with a positive attitude – your enthusiasm is contagious!
- Communicate with the staff you are working with. Ask how you can help, and do your best to perform any tasks or responsibilities they give you.
- Be creative and work with staff to come up with implementing the curriculum.
- Begin to think about camp from a counselor’s perspective. How can you help make transitions go smoothly? What are the group dynamics within your activity? What characteristics of the LEAD staff make them good leaders?
- Help all participants engage in the program experience.
- Respond to any requests from the directors or parents in a timely and professional manner.
- Foster a sense of team spirit and fun.